// BBC UK NEWS — CRONACA
'I'll announce a new health minister on Thursday,' says Burrows, after Nesbitt row
Burrows said he would be "swift" but not "hasty" in appointing a new minister
Ulster Unionist leader Jon Burrows has said he will make a decision "overnight" and confirm on Thursday who will replace Mike Nesbitt as health minister.
It comes after Nesbitt resigned amid a row with Jon Burrows.
The decision came following a clash over withdrawing emergency general surgery services from Causeway Hospital where Nesbitt said the party leader had "introduced a second red line".
Burrows said he was "disappointed" Nesbitt had quit but pledged his replacement in the Stormont executive job would "get going with gusto".
Speaking at a press conference at Stormont, Burrows said: "I was still prepared to work with Mike. He's taken a view that he's going to stand down. I now need to look to the future and get the best possible health minister."
He defended his record since taking on the role of UUP leader, insisting he has as a "coherent team" and "support right across the Ulster Unionist Party".
Mike Nesbitt resigns as health minister amid row with UUP leader
'To lose two leaders is careless' - Wilde takes on Nesbitt v Burrows
Nesbitt served twice as leader of the party, first from 2012 until 2017 and again from 2024 until earlier this year when Burrows took over.